- The Fair Housing Amendments Act specifically prohibits
discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap,
family status or national origin in:
- 1. Sale or rental of dwellings.
- 2. Residential Real Estate related
- 3. Provision of services and facilities
in connections with such activities.
- Simply stated, it is unlawful to:
- 1. Refuse to sell, rent, finance, or
insure housing or property.
- 2. Tell any person that housing is not
available for inspection, sale, rent, or lease.
- 3. Refuse to lend money for the
purchase, construction, rehabilitation, repair, or maintenance of
- 4. Discriminate against any person in
the terms and conditions of fire, extended coverage, or homeowners
- 5. Refuse to consider income of both
husband and wife.
- 6. Print, publish, or circulate any
statement or advertisement which would indicate a preference or
- 7. Deny any person membership in any
multiple listing or real estate service.